2009년 9월 1일 화요일

My favorite poem

Happiness




by Raymond Carver
So early it's still almost dark out.
I'm near the window with coffee,
and the usual early morning stuff'
that passes for thought.




When I see the boy and his friend
walking up the road
to deliver the newspaper.




They wear caps and sweaters,
and one boy has a bag over his shoulder.
They are so happy
they aren't saying anything, these boys.




I think if they could, they would take each other's arm.
It's early in the morning,
and they are doing this thing together.




They come on, slowly
The sky is taking on light,
though the moon still hangs pale over the water.




Such beauty that for a minute
death and ambition, even love,
doesn't enter into this.




Happiness. It comes on
unexpectedly. And goes beyond, really,
any early morning talk about it.




This is my favorite poem. Living in the Earth, the most important is enjoy our lives. Life is temporary. We don't have enough time to enjoy our lives. I am a high school student, so I am busy every morning. I don't have time to enjoy for thinking or drinking coffee at the morning. I want to be an adult.
When I read this poem, I felt tranquil.
'Happiness. It comes on unexpectedly' I like this sentence.
However I want to be happy, It doesn't come everytime.
If happiness come unexpectedly, It wiil be true happiness.






댓글 10개:

  1. nice poem! i like the meaning

    Emma

    답글삭제
  2. nice poem i like the ur meaning
    bbibi

    답글삭제
  3. nice writing SO~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    i love you bye!:)

    답글삭제
  4. Hey so young
    enjoy your life!!! as you want
    ok???!!!!!!
    ilike ur poem><

    답글삭제
  5. nice poem. i've never heard of it but it has nice meaning

    답글삭제
  6. this is somewhat interesting, i couldnt believe that happened. thats nice anyways samson.

    답글삭제
  7. nice poem girl!
    lets read more books than we did.
    i like ur writing!:)

    답글삭제
  8. In my opinion, happiness does not come from money and fame. For example, if I feel happiness in my life, it is happy life to me even if I'm worthless.

    답글삭제